This committee of designers, contractors, researchers, equipment suppliers and owners are involved in the support, use, and understanding and application of soil mixing technology through education, practical guidance, and discussion.
- S3: Slopes Slides and Stabilization 2021 – keynote lectures on deep mixing (in X-CD)
- Ross Boulanger (UC Davis)
- Rob Jameson (Malcolm Drilling)
- Deep Mixing 2021 – On Demand proceedings available
- Deep Mixing 2021 – keynote article series in Deep Foundations magazine
Committee endorsed research projects that explore soil mixing topics.
- Influences of mixture proportions and test conditions on the strength and stiffness of wet-mixed soil and cement.
Beneficial Reuse of Spoils Task Force
Discussing practices and special provisions that encourage the appropriate use of deep mixed spoils on site.
DFI Soil Mixing Guidelines – overview of the state of practice of Deep Mixing Methods (DMM) in North America, including a guide specification for deep mixing work.
FHWA Design Manual: Deep Mixing for Embankment and Foundation Support – background on deep mixing for U.S. transportation projects and information on design and construction aspects.