Women In Deep Foundations Committee Professional Development Grants
The DFI Educational Trust and the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Women in Deep Foundations Committee are proud to provide professional development grant opportunities to women involved in design and construction of deep foundations. The goal of DFI’s Women in Deep Foundations Committee is to increase networking opportunities and improve retention of female professionals in the deep foundations industry. The future of our industry depends upon diversity, which can be influenced by encouraging promising female professionals to remain in deep foundations careers.
The 2021 Application Period is now closed.
The 2022 Application Period will open on or about April 1, 2022.
- Candidates must be women currently or formerly employed in the deep foundations industry or academia.
- Applicant must be recommended by their current or past employer’s company leadership.
- Grants are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant’s race, color, religion, age, nationality, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
- Completed and signed application form.
- Personal essay, no more than 500 words, highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations-related career, applicant’s interests and experiences in the deep foundations industry, applicant’s future professional development plans, applicant’s leadership and participation in related professional activities, and applicant’s intention to continue involvement with the Women in Deep Foundations Committee and the DFI organization.
- One-page résumé, including education, work experience, activities, and organizations and professional affiliations.
- One letter of recommendation from applicant’s company leadership recommending the applicant for the grant, including a description of how the applicant will benefit from the grant and wider exposure to the DFI Women in Deep Foundations Committee and the DFI organization, and outlining the employer’s professional development support for the applicant.
The 2021 Application Period is now closed. The 2022 Application Period will open on or about April 1, 2022.